If you would like to get in touch with someone at ABC regarding "Sports Night," you can write to Stu Bloomberg, the Chairman of ABC Entertainment, at:
If you'd like to get in touch with the company that actually produces the show, you can send mail to Touchstone Television using the address below. This is also a good address to use for fan-mail and requests for autographs.
2040 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067-4785
Joshua Malina has been kind enough to allow people to distribute his email address, so if you want to write the fabulous actor who plays Jeremy, you can reach him at JoshuaMalina@popco.com. (As of early March, 2000, people have been having trouble getting through to this address.)
c/o Touchstone Television
500 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521
- In February, 2000, the cast of "Sports Night" was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series.
- In December, 1999 Robert Guillaume was nominated for a 2000 NAACP award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series.
- In December, 1999, Felicity Huffman was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy.
- Robert Guillaume was nominated for a 1999 Image Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
- Thomas Schlamme won a Directors' Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in a Comedy Series for directing the Pilot episode
- In Feb. 1999, USA Today called included Thomas Schlamme as one of the "Six Directors Who Make Series Shine."
- Time Magazine called "Sports Night" one of the best shows of 1998
- To the viewers who noticed that in the first season episode "Mary Pat Shelby," Jeremy mentions that he should call his sister Louise to ask her something, and then later on in the season, during the episode "Dear Louise," he mentions that his sister is deaf, Aaron Sorkin says: "It was a mistake. Even as I was writing 'Dear Louise,' I wondered if anyone was gonna catch it. I'm pleased someone did."
- There has been some confusion as to Dana and Isaac's titles. The official ABC and Buena Vista Television sites have both said that Dana is the producer, and Isaac is the executive producer, however the show itself has said that Dana is the executive producer, and Isaac is the managing editor. See quotes below (thanks to Sary for looking some of these up):
- From "How Are Things In Glocca Morra":
DANA WHITAKER: I'm the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER of Sports Night. When I say I can't leave, I can't leave. I'm not lying.
- From "Dana Get Your Gun":
DANA WHITAKER: At some point were you planning on asking me if it's okay if you switch off nights with Casey? I'm still the executive producer of this show.
- From "Cliff Gardner"
SAM DONOVAN: You're the MANAGING EDITOR. You're going to sit in the control room and watch a color test?
ISAAC JAFFEE: I feel like doing something that has something to do with television.